Revolvers – A revolver chambered to fire center-fire cartridges .32 caliber or larger. Specifically prohibited is any system of recoil control based on compensators, barrel venting or barrel porting. Barrel length not to exceed 6 inches (153 mm).
Pistols – Center-fire semi-automatic pistols of .35 caliber or larger. Specifically prohibited is any system of recoil control based on compensators, barrel venting or barrel porting. Barrel length not to exceed 6 inches (153 mm).
- Sights:Sights may be fixed or adjustable, front sight may not extend beyond the muzzle or the revolver barrel, the maximum sight radius to be no more than 8.5 inches (216 mm). Hooded or telescope sights prohibited. Sight guards may not extend rearward more than 2 inches (51 mm).
- Grips:Orthopedic and target type as well as weighted grips are not allowed. Grips may be modified or changed because of the size of a competitor’s hands or to facilitate loading. Finger groove and slip on grips are allowed. Thumb rest grips/stocks, tape on the grip or any substance (except sweat preventers) which results in a sticky surface to the grip or hand, are not allowed.
Revolvers – If the revolver has single-action capability the single action trigger pull must be at least 2.5 lbs. (1135 g). A Trigger stop is allowed. All revolvers shall use double action on every stage except on 50 meters where single action is allowed.
Pistols – Trigger pull not less than 3 lbs. (1360 g) single action or for those of double action capability only. A trigger stop is allowed.
- Holsters:Only conventional right or left-handed waist-belt holsters are allowed. For safety reasons, shoulder, cross draw, or holsters which require releasing by insertion of finger within the trigger guard will not be allowed. Holsters must completely cover the trigger.
- Readyposition: All series start with competitor in the standing position. Competitor’s arms must be loosely at sides and hands may not touch the firearm or holster, before the targets start to turn or other fire commands are given.
Revolvers loaded, but not cocked and holstered in a conventional right- or left-handed holster. Semi-automatic pistols may not be holstered with a round in the chamber in a conventional right- or left-handed holster. The pistols’ hammer may be cocked and loaded magazines inserted.
Sitting – The buttocks must be on the ground with the body facing target. Hand may be extended to rear for support, elbow may not touch the ground. Back cannot rest on the ground and one or both knees may be raised. Arm or arms, hand or hands may be supported on, or by the knees. The firearm may be held by one or both hands, but may not be supported or steadied by either foot. One or two hands may be used to hold the firearm. No part of the firearm may touch the ground, foot or the barricade.
Prone – Body extended on the ground parallel to the line of sight, head toward target. “Roll-over” prone position may be used as long as the body is extended on the ground generally parallel to the line of sight and the position does not interfere with another competitor. The pistol may not touch the ground, but may be supported by one or both hands which may touch the ground, and which are extended toward the target. The competitor assumes the prone position from the Sitting position and the revolver or pistol must remain pointing “down range” during the process of changing positions.
Standing with support
(a) Standing behind a post: Both feet must be behind the line (which is either real or imaginary) extending from the firing line to the rear of the exposed or shooting side of the post. No part of the firearm may touch the post. Shooting hand or firearm may be supported by the other hand. The test will be: if the support hand is removed, the firearm can still be fired. Left hand post must be fired before right hand post.
(b) Left hand post: All shots must be fired around the left side of the post. Firearm must be held with the left hand and only the left trigger finger may be in the trigger guard.
(c) Right hand post: All shots must be fired around the right side of the post. Firearm must be held with the right hand and only the right trigger finger may be in the trigger guard.
Standing without support
Standing with bent or straight legs, firearm held by one or both hands. All portions of the competitor’s clothing, body and firearm clear of artificial support.
(a) Kneeling on one knee, the other extended toward the target. Buttocks may be on heel or side of foot but cannot touch the ground. One arm may be supported on the forward knee. The firearm may be held by one or both hands.
(b) Kneeling on both knees, the buttocks clear of the ground but may rest on heels. The firearm may be held by one or both hands and one or both arms are to be extended without other support.
- 7.Targets:HGW4 Sport Shooting PPC 1500 FULL, one per competitor.
- 8.Ammunition:A minimum of 60 rounds of hand loaded or factory loaded .354 caliber or larger ammunition, to be supplied by the competitor. No high speed or magnum ammunition will be allowed. All ammunition must be loaded for and produce sufficient velocity to pass through the target and the backer. Shots which do not pass through the target and the backer will be scored as misses. All loading of rounds will be contained in the competitor’s pocket, cartridge belt, mechanical loaders from belt pouches or magazines from a magazine belt pouche
- 9.Courseof Fire
Stage 1a: 7M 6 shots in 8 seconds. Each shot fired double action only from the standing without support position.
Stage 1b: 15M 12 shots in 20 seconds Each shot fired double action only from the standing without support position. Score/Change Target
(to include reloading of 6 rounds).
Stage 2: 25M 24 shots in 120 seconds (2 minutes)
Revolvers each shot fired double action only.
6 shots sitting;
6 shots kneeling (if kneeling is not possible, substitute position will be standing unsupported);
6 shots left hand, left side of barricade, standing with support – barricade must be used;
6 shots right hand, right side of barricade, standing with support – barricade must be used.
Stage 3a: 25M 12 shots in 35 seconds Each shot fired double action only from the standing without support position.
(to include reloading of 6 rounds).
Stage 3b: 25M 6 shots in 12 seconds.